This week has been such a lovely week. The weather has been nice and I've had a good time in the evenings with my babies. Ethan has become quite the question asker. Everything is now "Mommy, what's that noise?" "Mommy, what are you doing?". Last night after we put the kids to bed, Tracy made some brownies. Some time after Tracy took them out of the oven, Ethan called for me and said he needed to go potty. As I was taking him to the bathroom, his eyes got really big and he said, "Mommy, what's the smell?? I think Daddy is making cookies!". I wish I could let you hear how he said cookies, because it was so cute! It wasn't long after that Ethan decided that he was hungry and needed a snack aka a cookie. It was too funny so we gave him a small brownie and some milk.
Another cute thing that happened was the other day coming back from Ethan and Katelyn's "school" (that's what they call it), Ethan was talking about how naughty Chick from the movie Cars is. He said he needed to go to time out. Katelyn upon hearing this started saying, "Ethan! Time out!" Actually she says "Etan"! : ) Ethan got very offended by this and said, "No, not me, baby Katelyn! I'm a good boy!" She was in turn offended that he yelled at her started crying and Ethan felt bad and said, "Katelyn--you want to be my friend?" Katelyn yelled an adamant, "NO!" It was so funny. I can tell you that they quickly made up though. They play together so well and Ethan is so gentle and watches out for her all the time.
Katelyn is talking so much now--she even says sentences believe it or not! Last night while we were sitting at the dinner table, her and Ethan decided to get under the dinner table. Katelyn yelled, "Daddy look at me! I'm under the table!" Of course, that wonderful sentence was probably only intelligble to Tracy and me!
Tonight I am going to a one-night conference near Helen. I'm very excited to be focusing on something spiritual and look forward to the fellowship. My friend who invited me is a friend I met in college 14 years ago! It's so hard to fellowship when you are watching little ones. Of course, it's hard for me to be away from them even one night because I miss them so much. They'll be at Nana and DaddyBob's though so I know they will be happy.
The last couple of weeks have been a neat time with the Lord. I've been as busy as ever, but I've been learning that it's the short times during the day when I remember the Lord and turn my heart towards Him that can be the sweetest. It's neat to remember that I don't have to be completely stopped to fellowship with Him (though it's wonderful when I do!). We've been talking more and more with Ethan about spiritual things and the other day when it was storming, he told me he was scared. I asked him, "Who is with you always even when your scared?" He yelled out, "JESUS!" (Of course this is always his answer to anything that has to do with the BIble!). I then told him how God is always with Him and he can ask Him for help. It's so neat to see him beginning to understand these things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, I love what little children come up with! I'm so glad you have been having sweet moments with the Lord! Keep on keeping on sister!
Tatyana- I just found your blog!!! yay! I am going to link you to mine, so I can keep updated with you guys. So good to see pics of your darling family. Brooke
Hey - I found your blog through Kelly Glupkers!! How are you guys doing? be sure to check out our blog - we are in the process of an international adoption through Ethiopia!! www.thomandlesley.blogspot.com
Keep in touch!
Post a Comment