
It's been a great couple of weeks beginning summer! I haven't taken many pictures, but we've been busy. We've gone swimming and playing at the lake, swimming in the pool in Toccoa, gone to the library (yesterday they had a magician show!) and had fun at home. We've been reading lots of books. We are doing the Catching the Reading Bug at the library and the kids get prizes after I read them a certain number of books. Ethan likes every time I write a book down on his list (though Katelyn is ahead of him because she isn't as picky!). We've even played in the sprinklers.
I can't believe it, but Katelyn is turning two in a couple of weeks. She's turning in to such a fun little lady. She talks so much now and is such a happy girl. Yesterday, Nana and Grandpa came over and we took the kids to the lake to go swimming and play in the playground. Katelyn was so excited that in the car she kept giggling and and kicking her legs. She's such a happy girl! She's obsessed with Dora, but calls her "D-D-D-Dora!". We're just doing a small family party for her this year since she's still so little and with Ethan always around, she's never lonely for kids anyway!
Ethan and Katelyn are really starting to play together. It gives me a nice break every once in a while, though they mostly want me to play with them. Ethan is blowing me away with how smart he is. The other day Ethan was playing with his legos and he built this tower/rocketship in perfectly coordinated black and red. It was amazing! I wish I had taken a picture of it!
I'm loving being on break. It's amazing that you don't realize how busy you are until you have a moment to yourself. I was running on empty a bit last year! This summer has been so refreshing!


1 comment:
I'm so glad you are being refreshed!!! Let's get together SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment