Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Katelyn's birthday---a week late!


Here she is looking at all the Dora stuff. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the cake. It was a cute Dora cake with little figurines: Dora holding a present and Swiper chasing her. Katelyn loves Swiper and if you are doing something she doesn't want you to do she says, "Swiper, no swiping!"

Of all of us, Ethan was the most comfortable in the party hat. He wore it almost the whole day!

Her hat-wearing lasted about 3 seconds after I took the picture!

When I wasn't looking, Ethan tried out ALL of the blowers and promptly ruined them by biting and slobbering. Fortunately, Katelyn didn't seem to mind.

Katelyn got lots of wonderful presents: a baby doll, a little car, a kid cell phone, a dress, a Dora kite, a recorder (I'm not sure yet if I think that one is wonderful!), some cute items from Nana and DaddyBob and two bubble makers!

The big present from Nana and DaddyBob was this beautiful rocking chair they got her. She loves it!

Our big present was a Princess bike!

After all the fun, we went outside so they could play in the pool and use the Bubble machines.


Ethan is obsessed with this bubble machine. We don't let him play with guns, so I guess this is the closest he'll ever get. He runs around outside either chanting "kaboom" or "I got the doctor!". I have no idea why he says that, but he thinks it's funny.

Yes, my little darling is now officially two years old. Her birthday was June 26th--which was also right in the middle of VBS. That's why this post is so late! Her birthday party was last Saturday, and although it was all adults, she (and Ethan) had a blast. Her theme was Dora and while she was taking her nap, we put up balloons and put out her Dora plates and stuff. When she got up, she was so excited and kept yelling, "A party! A party!".

3 comments:

ncg said...

happy birthday Katelyn!!!

Christie, Logan, and Asher said...

Hi, Tatyana! I found your blog through the Peterson's and added you to our read list. Your kids are so cute (and have gotten so big!)!

The Peterson family said...

yeah for Dora parties!!!!