Sunday, August 03, 2008

Youth Trip to Panama City Beach


This is our first morning at the beach and the kids were very excited to see the ocean from this window in the cafeteria. They couldn't wait to get out there!

We walked out there after breakfast and had a hard time keeping them out of the water! Later we went back and swam and played but I didn't bring my camera. Unfortunately, that ended up being the only real time we got to play in the water as the rest of the week the warning flags were out.

I worried a lot about how Katelyn would do sharing a big room with me and Ethan and the other youth minister's wife and two kids since she is such a light sleeper. She did very well though her schedule was totally off. I took a pic of her sleeping because no one hardly ever gets to see her sleep since opening the door always wakes her up!

Although Ethan claimed he was not tired, he took a few naps too!

These are our roommates and they are all modeling the new stuff they got at a surf shop. Ethan got goggles and Katelyn got a kickboard. The other too got a boogie board and new sunglasses.

This is Ethan and Katelyn living it up during one of our worship services. They called it dance party and would always say "whoo!" afterwards. I've got a video that will be uploaded soon. We had a band from Atlanta called Counting Crosses who were awesome and totally ministry focused. They even led small groups and went on outings with us!

Our second to last day we tried to go to the beach one more time just to play in the sand but a thundercloud chased us away a few minutes later.



Our last morning there and these two didn't want to wake up. Aren't they cute?

This week was very stretching for me in a good way. I had to be more flexible with the kids and their schedules than I've ever been before, but we had a good time. We played in the pool, a little at the beach, went to a water park (Ethan loved the slides), went bowling and shopping and the kids even got to join in parts of the worship service. Although I would have liked to be more involved with the youth, I did try to spend lots of time praying for them. It was a good trip and the youth were impacted in great ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I hope to talk to you soon!!!!!!