Monday, April 21, 2008

Enjoying the nice weather

I love playing with my yogurt--it makes a great hair gel!
Katelyn looks so precious in her little dress. We were going to Tracy's first wedding (in a park).
Me and my cuties
At the park where the wedding was--it was beautiful.
Blowing dandelions

Ethan smiling for the camera before church. You can see his lip is still a little sore but is vastly better than earlier last week when he got Katelyn's virus.
She finally got to wear her Easter dress, but wouldn't give me a smile for the camera! : )

The weather has been beautiful and we enjoyed a very busy weekend. Saturday Tracy performed his first wedding which went well. It was in a beautiful park and we had fun, although it was difficult chasing the kids around the park while wearing heels! That night we went out to eat and got the kids some summer clothes from Target. Sunday started our revival at church which Professor Collier from TFC spoke at. It was so awesome to sit under his biblical teaching again and I was challenged again to get in to God's Word and to really learn. One thing I really need to do is read more spiritual books. I have been reading Tedd Tripp's Shepherding a Child's Heart which is an awesome book about biblical parenting. The chapter I was just reading talked about how parenting your child and teaching them about God's principles needs to be our priority since we only have them for such a short time. It's so good to be reminded of these truths because it's so easy to get caught up in busy schedules and not invest in what is eternal. Does anyone have any suggestions for books I should read that have really impacted your walk (especially in relation to being a mother/woman etc)?


4 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

To Train Up a Child by Mike Pearl
Biblical Womanhood in the Home by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Biblical Feminity by Carolyn Mahaney
Parenthood by Proxy by Laura Schlessinger
These are just a few - I have lots more I like. I am in the middle of reading Shephering a Child's Heart for the second time. It's great!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I saw the Biblical Womanhood book on your blog and looked it up on the internet. I'm hoping I'll get it for a Mother's Day present!
I also read Withold Not Correction (I think that's the title--I borrowed it from someone) and that was also good.

Unknown said...

I am asking for The poewer of a Praying Wife and also The Power of a Praying Mother for Mother's Day. I think that they are written by Stormie Ortman. I've heard that they are awesome.

Unknown said...

I have the Power of a Praying Wife and it is great! I need to get the other one too! Thanks for the reminder!