Friday, March 24, 2006

Update on Ethan

He is still at home with Tracy today. He threw up a few more times yesterday, and mostly slept all day. He was really fussy when he woke up. We could tell he was hungry too, but wanted to be careful so not to upset his stomach. He ate a popsicle, jello and, funnily enough, cheetos! He saw Tracy eating some and started crying until we gave it to him. Fortunately, he kept it down. We also started giving him some formula to get him some nutrition and he kept that down also. He got a high fever in the late afternoon and burned up most of the night, even with Tylenol. We figured after sleeping all day,that he would be up all night, but he still slept. We had to cuddle him all night, or he would fuss, but otherwise slept. When I last spoke with Tracy this morning, Ethan hadn't thrown up again, but has been very tired and lethargic. There are tons of kids here at school who are sick with the same thing and one of the side effects is feeling very weak, so I guess this is normal. I hate to think he got the germs off of me though since I am exposed to all these germs at school. I'm hoping Ethan will start to get more of his appetite back over the weekend. Please keep praying for him!

Katelyn now makes my stomach move all over when she kicks and moves around. I am so excited to meet her (as I know you all are too!).

No comments: