Friday, May 12, 2006

My Doctor's Appointment

I went to the doctor yesterday for my prenatal checkup. I've gained 3 1/2 more pounds! Her heart rate was good and the doctor confirmed that she has gone head down. I mentioned my cramping to the doctor and she was very concerned and said the pain I described was indeed preterm labor. She was ready to put me on maternity leave for the rest of my pregnancy (so that I could rest) right now, but I am out of sick days and I also have SO MUCH work to do at the end of the year. We only have two more weeks of school, so I'm praying that I can at least make it to the end of the school year. However, I do want to take this seriously and not endanger Katelyn so please pray for us! My doctor says if I have cramping again like before that lasts longer than an hour, I need to come in to make sure my cervix isn't dilating. I still get sporadic times of cramping, but nothing like before which lasted so long. I'm trying to take it easy and to pay attention to any pain. I still have 6 1/2 weeks left. I know that babies born at 34 weeks tend not to have any problems, but that is at least 1 1/2 weeks away.

Janice comes today to help me get ready for Katelyn and I'm excited. We're going to wash Katelyn's clothes and figure out what else I might need for her. Janice is coming this morning and Tracy is going to take her to get Ethan so she can spend the rest of the day with him. I know she can't wait to see her little man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tatyana,
I hope you're feeling better and that your cramping isn't too bad. We're praying for you everyday. How was your weekend with Janice? I hope it was fun and relaxing!!
Meredith